Determining an acceptable level of organizational risk and dealing with complex legal and regulatory changes are constant pressures in today's workplace. Learn what you can do to meet these demands by developing a roadmap for tactical andstrategic compliance. Topics include: basic security concepts; regulatory and legal compliance with extra attention to current legislation; monitoring, detection, investigation and response; choosing between assessments, penetration tests and audits; standards and best practices; due diligence and downstream liability; defence in depth, and security from the desktop to the Internet.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Know how to create effective policies and codify a security architecture
- Know how to assure that business continues in the event of a loss of access or disaster
- Recognize the legal and ethical implications for Information Security practitioners
- Understand how physical and operational security along with access control systems apply to IT
- Have a basic understanding of cryptography and network security
- Recognize how application development security impacts overall security