Gain an understanding of financial accounting principles and practices as you learn how to go through the full accounting cycle of recording business transactions, making adjustments and final closing entries. Topics include internal controls and cash, receivables, property, merchandising, plant and equipment, goodwill and intangible assets. Learn how to read financial statements, calculate financial ratios and apply this knowledge to management problems and decision-making.
- Build basic income statements and balance sheets for service and merchandising operations.
- Use fundamental accounting principles to determine how to recognize and record business transactions.
- List and describe the components of internal control and control procedures.
- Understand the role accounts receivable plays in a company.
- Measure the cost of capital assets and assess their impact on the financial statements.
- Calculate and analyze standard financial ratios.
- Undertake a preliminary evaluation of the financial performance of a company.
- Jill Benson
- Helmut Hauke
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Human Resource Management Certificate : Optional Human Resource Management Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Optional Courses
- Public Relations Management Certificate : Optional Management Courses
- Security Management Certificate : Optional Management Courses