When couples enter the therapy office, they sting with pain and despair. They look to the clinician to referee chronic conflicts, fix their partners, and rebuild burned bridges. Now, based on Dr. John Gottman's 35 years of compelling research with over 3000 couples, there is a practical and highly effective approach to guiding these couples across the chasm that divides them. In this workshop Dr. Vagdevi Meunier will provide you with a research based roadmap for helping couples to compassionately manage their conflicts, deepen their friendship and intimacy, and share their life purpose and dreams.
In this inspirational two-day workshop, you will learn:
- Research based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills that empower couples to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history and values
- Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
- New assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples' struggles
You will receive a 300-page clinical manual featuring new relationship assessment questionnaires and clinical interventions designed to help couples break the cycle of criticism, defensiveness, contempt and stonewalling.
Approved for 12 ACSW Category "A" Credits
Withdrawal Policy: If a registrant withdrawals from this workshop 5 or more business days prior to the start date of the workshop, the registrant will receive a full refund minus an administrative fee of $30.00. No refunds on withdrawals 4 business days or less. Substitution of an eligible candidate will be allowed up to one business day before the start date of the workshop.
For more information, click here.