During this 3-day course, students will learn ITIL® terminology, the structure, basic concepts and core principles of ITIL® practices for Service Management. The Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is not intended to enable you to apply ITIL® practices for Service Management without further guidance.
ITIL® V3 was designed from the lifecycle perspective, recognizing that for a service to be created, it should have the capability to meet the objectives and requirements of its customers and markets. Consequently, there is the need to determine the objectives and requirements for each service (service strategy), which will guide in its design (service design), transition into production (service transition), and operation of the service (service operation). The purpose of the fifth and the final phase - continual service improvement, is to gradually improve every aspect of the service, from service strategy to service operation.
- IT professionals working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL®
- This course does not have prerequisites, students must however meet the recommendations and requirements in the Notes section below.
- Courses are instructor-led, face-to-face in a classroom.
Topics of Instruction
- Service Management as a practice (Comprehension)
- Service lifecycle (Comprehension)
- Key principles and models (Comprehension)
- Generic concepts and definitions (Awareness)
- Selected processes (Awareness)
- Selected roles and functions (Awareness)
- Technology and architecture (Awareness)
- Competence and training (Awareness)
- Defend business case recommendations
- List the sections of an RFP
- Describe the steps in RFP development and vendor selection
- Apply data conversion strategy and mapping to existing data
Recommendations and Requirements
This course is 21 hours and is scheduled for 3 days. On the afternoon of day 3, you will write the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination.
- You will receive copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises and suggested solutions and several practice exams. You will also receive an electronic copy of the itSMF IT Service Management Pocket Guide.
It is strongly recommended that students attend every class. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate potential absenteeism to the instructor.