This 5-day program is designed for those in the process of preparing continuity plans or those unsure if their current plans would work for them in an emergency.
There are numerous risks that threaten the continuity of businesses. Beyond social unrest and an unstable marketplace, have you considered the possibility of power spikes or shortages, denials of site or data access, or even biological, chemical or bomb-threats? What happens if a critical vendor goes down or if productivity plummets with a sector-wide industrial strike?
Business continuity management attempts to answer these questions. Its essence is to ensure that business operations continue to function even in the event of a disaster or emergency.
Students will leave the class with the information they need to participate in Business Continuity Management Projects, exercise and review plans, and participate in Recovery operations. In addition, students are prepared for the practitioner examination in ISO 22301 standard.
- Business Managers involved in the establishment of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans
- Chief Information Officers and their deputies, IT Managers, Heads of IT Service Management, Unit Heads in IT Departments, IT Service Continuity Managers
- Business Assurance and Risk Managers
- Internal and External Auditors, and Business Process Consultants and Managers
- Continuity Planning Project Managers and team members
- Business Continuity Coordinators, Recovery Team members
- This course does not have prerequisites, students must however meet the recommendations and requirements in the Notes section below.
- Courses are instructor-led, face-to-face in a classroom.
Topics of Instruction
- Establish a business continuity policy, organization structure for the project and ongoing management, prepare a project charter to recognize the start of a business continuity project
- Prepare business continuity project management plan
- Conduct Business Impact Analysis to determine an organization’s critical business services, processes and assets
- Assess and prioritize risks to critical business services, processes and assets
- Identify and implement recovery and risk reduction strategies
- Develop detailed Continuity and Recovery plans
- Appreciate the need for training and awareness, and the need to exercise, maintain and review continuity plans
- Understand ISO 22301 International Standard for BCM Systems (BCMS)
- Prepare for the ISO 22301 Practitioner Exam in BCM Systems (BCMS)
Recommendations and Requirements
This course is 35 hours and is scheduled for five days. The ISO 22301 Practitioner Exam is run on the last day of the course and consists of three parts: (A) 50 minutes to complete 20 multiple-choice questions, (B) 50 minutes to complete 10 scenario-choice questions, and (C) 50 minutes to complete 10 true/false questions. An overall mark of 60% is required to pass and receive the ISO 22301 Practitioner Certificate.
- You will receive copies of presentation slides, case studies, exercises and suggested solutions.
It is strongly recommended that students attend every class. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate potential absenteeism to the instructor.
- This course does not have prerequisites, students must however meet the recommendations and requirements in the Notes section.