Examine readiness for change at both the organizational level and the stakeholders’ level. Discuss a framework for planning change while ensuring accountability measures are in place for everyone involved. Consider the risks and financial costs associated with change and how they should affect an organization’s change plan, while aligning it with the organization’s goals, strategies and culture.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Assess organizational readiness for change based on objective and subjective evidence
- Identify key stakeholders, plan stakeholder relations and communication, and identify measures of accountability to ensure a successful change
- Develop a change plan and its phases
- Prepare a budget for the change plan
- Establish project controls and plan risk management
PrerequisitesIt is strongly recommended that students registered in the Change Management Certificate complete BMC 358 Change Management Theory and Application prior to enrolling in other Change Management Certificate program courses, i.e. BMC 359, BMC 360 and BMC 361. For non-certificate students, some previous workplace experience is recommended.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Change Management : Core Courses