Microsoft Access Level 3 teaches students how to use advanced commands to work with forms, reports, designing tables, manipulating queries, as well as using subforms or subreports.
Students will learn a variety of commands, functions, and database capabilities.
- Face-to-face in a lab
- Registrations within 24 hours of course start time must be made by phone (403-220-2988).
Course Level Learning Outcomes
- Coming Soon
Topics of Instruction
- Advanced Reports and Forms
- Set Report Controls
- Display, Share, Import, and Export Data
- Database Tools
- Recovering data from a backups
- Encrypting databases with a password
- Splitting databases
- Setting a form as the startup option
- Using navigation forms
- Add images and backgrounds to forms
- Analyze database
- Online and in class students need acess to Microsoft Access 2016 outside of lab/class time to work on assignments, projects, or other course work. This software may be downloaded from Microsoft.
- The recommended textbook for this course is Microsoft Access 2013 Exam 77-424
- Print textbooks may be purchased from the University of Calgary Bookstore
It is strongly recommended that students attend every class. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate potential absenteeism to the instructor.
- Students must be familiar with the personal computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Students must have Microsoft Windows skills and knowledge, and be able to perform the following tasks:
- start and run Windows
- use the taskbar, Start button and Help feature
- use Minimize, Maximize, Restore Down/Up and Close
- use the left and right mouse buttons appropriately
- understand file management techniques
- navigate between files, folders, or drives
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Office Applications : Access Courses