Research tells us that fatigue is four times more likely to cause workplace impairment than drugs or alcohol, and that stress impacts overall worker well-being and work performance. Numerous strategies exist to help organizations mitigate these hazards and improve workplace environments. Gain an understanding of the science and workplace factors influencing stress and fatigue. Also, learn practical strategies to recognize and assess stress and fatigue risks in an organization, and more importantly, learn how to implement current best practices to effectively manage these hazards
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how fatigue and stress impact worker safety and worker health.
- Describe physiological health and safety understandings and workplace factors in relation to fatigue and stress.
- Categorize and detail relevant information needed to assist workers in understanding and improving fatigue management and stress management competencies.
- Provide a comparative analysis of historical and current fatigue and stress mitigation strategies.
- Correctly identify specific components of a five level fatigue risk management plan and be able to provide specific examples of practices at each level.
- Detail key understandings of the main components of CSA Z1003-13 Psychological Health and Safety Standard
- Relate factors required to justify and implement successful fatigue and stress management strategies.
- Describe how a Fatigue Risk Management Plan (FRMP) and a Stress Management Strategy compare to and can integrate with other Safety Management Systems (SMS).
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Health, Safety and Environment Certificate : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Optional Courses