This course will give you an opportunity to practice speaking and listening skills to enhance your fluency in Italian. Develop conversational strategies, review grammar, and reinforce vocabulary and key expressions through role plays, games and small-group activities.
The course is geared towards students who have already completed Italian 1, 2 and 3.
On the first day of class, students will have the opportunity to choose nine topics for each lesson among the following ones:
- Food and drink
- Acquiring cultural and geographical information about Italy
- Public transportation
- Useful social and polite expressions
- Talking on the phone
- Booking accommodation
- Leisure time and habits
- Asking for directions
- Grocery shopping
- Shopping for clothes and shoes
- Handling medical/health situations
- Describing and talking about events in the past
- Expressing likes and dislikes
In week 2, students will receive a detailed list of the topic for each lesson, based on their preferences.
ITA 103 Italian 3, or equivalent.