An introduction to the types and techniques of lighting in photography; this course will benefit photography enthusiasts who are interested in having a better understanding of natural and artificial light and its implementation in portrait, pet, product, real estate and general purpose photography.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore and measure the ambient light.
- Methods of measuring light depending on camera’s light meter and handheld light meter devices.
- Understanding artificial light and how to control its direction and intensity.
- Understanding light modifiers and its applications.
- Exploring the relation between light, shutter speed and aperture.
- Learning the essential techniques of managing light in portrait, pet, wedding, real estate and product photography.
PrerequisitesPHO 101 Photography 1, or equivalent
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Photography : Optional Photography Courses