Two-Week Language and Culture Courses
This short intensive course will boost your oral fluency and your confidence in functional English communication. In addition to improving your speaking and listening skills, the course provides an excellent introduction to Canada, Calgary, and the university. The best possible way to prepare for the spring and fall semester programs.
- Orientation session – including a campus tour and a temporary U of C identification card
- A minimum of 5 hours a day of English instruction and activities
- 50 hours of instruction and activities including 12 ESL sessions and 5 field trips/activities.
- Learning materials and handouts
- Afternoon tours of downtown Calgary and local parks and attractions (transportation and admission fees included).
- One day trip to Dinosaur National Park and the Royal Tyrrell Museum.
- Emergency health insurance (International students only)
- Wireless internet access on campus
- A certificate and evaluation at the end of the course