Formerly BMC 100 Risk Assessment. Students who have taken BMC 100 should not take this course.
Develop an enterprise-wide perspective of risk by applying risk management concepts to four major categories: hazard (insurable), operational, financial, and strategic. This course broadens our understanding of risk management from its traditional focus on accidental losses to include all risks an organization may face. Learn about global risk management standards such as ISO 31000 and the COSO ERM – Integrated Framework, and discuss various risk identification and analysis techniques in detail. Apply rudimentary analytical tools to assess financial risk in areas of financial leverage, liquidity risk, and capital investment risk. Risk oversight, monitoring, and assurance are discussed from the perspective of governance and internal control. This course relies heavily on insurance based content consistent with risk assessment and risk management principles.
- Stephen Ruddy
- Jennifer Sutherland
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Risk Management Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Optional Courses
- Public Relations Management Certificate : Optional Management Courses
- Security Management Certificate : Optional Management Courses