Does your work require proficiency in Microsoft Office? Make your everyday tasks easier by taking your skills to a high level and gain a valuable credential for your resume. Offices around the world use Microsoft's Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Visio, and Macros and VBA products.
This flexible program makes it possible to customize a certificate to meet your specific needs. If you already have experience in an application, you may begin your learning at the level that fits your needs.
Most courses are taught in computer labs at the main campus, typically in two full-day sessions from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Students who take four courses per term can complete this certificate in less than one year.
You can take courses first and enrol in the certificate later; however, as programs are subject to change, we recommend you apply for admission to the certificate as early as possible. Once you are admitted, you can be confident that you have locked in the requirements leading to your graduation.
To be admitted students must be 18 years of age; successful completion of grade 12 or equivalent; workplace experience is an asset. If English is not your first language please review the English language proficiency requirements.
A degree or diploma is not required to enrol in a University of Calgary Continuing Education course or certificate unless otherwise specified.Apply for Certificate Admission
Advanced Standing may be granted for equivalent, graded courses completed at other post-secondary institutions. Credit may be granted for up to a maximum of 30 hours towards this certificate.
To apply for advanced standing:
- Submit an Application for Advanced Standing, specifying the course for which you are requesting exemption, and the equivalent course credits you have obtained.
- Include a non-refundable administration fee of $100 for the course credit you request (payable online by credit card).
- Include a course outline and description of the equivalent course that you are submitting for advanced standing.
- Include a proof of attendance and final grade of the equivalent course from the educational institution you attended.
ICT 701 Business Intelligence Self Service may also be applied towards a Certificate in Business Intelligence and Analytics.
To graduate, a student must satisfy all certificate requirements including:
- Successful completion of the core, optional and elective program requirements.
- Attain a minimum of a C in all courses used to meet program requirements.
Note: If a student attains a grade of C-, D+ or D in one course only, a program director has the discretionary authority to approve a student for graduation. Approval is usually granted for exceptional circumstances and it is the student's responsibility to contact the program director to request approval.
It is the student's responsibility to ensure that all requirements for graduation are fulfilled It is the student's responsibility to ensure all requirements for graduation are fulfilled, and to apply to graduate. Student advisors are available to meet with students to review status and determine outstanding certificate requirements.Apply for Certificate Graduation