Microsoft SQL Server is a powerful, enterprise class database platform that is designed to store and retrieve all types of data quickly and efficiently. It includes tools that allow for the rapid development of SQL program code, enterprise server administration and powerful, data-driven reports. Microsoft SQL Server is the backbone for thousands of industry leading software applications including Microsoft SharePoint and SAP. Using Microsoft SQL Server 2012, you will learn how to design, develop, administer and troubleshoot Microsoft SQL databases and servers.
Courses are instructor-led, face-to-face and may be delivered in three formats:
- In Class: All classes are taught in a computer lab.
- Online: All classes are taught synchronously in real-time.
- Blended: Delivery is both in a computer lab and synchronously online, alternating weekly.
Before taking their first online course, students are required to take BMC 352 Learning Online. If you have already completed fully online courses in the past, you may apply for a prerequisite waiver for BMC 352 Learning Online. To apply, complete the online application form.
The Certificate in Database Administration is a 120-hour program. Students who start taking courses in September can complete this certificate in one year.
You can take courses first and enrol in the certificate later; however, as programs are subject to change, we recommend you apply for admission to the certificate program as early as possible. Once you are admitted, you can be confident that you have locked in the requirements leading to your graduation.
You must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be admitted to the program. Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma and relevant work experience are recommended. If English is not your first language, please review the English language proficiency requirements.
A degree or diploma is not required to enrol in this program.Apply for Certificate Admission
Advanced Standing may be granted for equivalent, graded courses completed at other post-secondary institutions. Credit may be granted for up to a maximum of 30 hours towards this certificate.
To apply for advanced standing:
- Submit an Application for Advanced Standing, specifying the course for which you are requesting exemption, and the equivalent course credits you have obtained.
- Include a non-refundable administration fee of $100 for the course credit you request (payable online by credit card).
- Include a course outline and description of the equivalent course that you are submitting for advanced standing.
- Include a proof of attendance and final grade of the equivalent course from the educational institution you attended.
To graduate, a student must satisfy all certificate requirements including:
- Successful completion of the core, optional and elective program requirements.
- Attain a minimum of a C in all courses used to meet program requirements.
Note: If a student attains a grade of C-, D+ or D in one course only, a program director has the discretionary authority to approve a student for graduation. It will be the student's responsibility to contact the program director to request approval. Approval is usually granted for exceptional circumstances and it is the student's responsibility to contact the program director to request approval.
It is the student's responsibility to ensure all requirements for graduation are fulfilled, and to apply to graduate. Student advisors are available to meet with students to review status and determine outstanding certificate requirements.Apply for Certificate Graduation